This Page

has been moved to new address

frolic

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Views of Now: frolic

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

frolic

Skirt: Made by me on my new sewing machine. How exciting.



I wuv my widdle tripod

Minkpink top, Target shorts.

Minkpink top, Target shorts.


Dress: Made by me on me new sewing machine. The excitement is now overwhelming.


So this post is to celebrate the beginning of a very happy fashion designer. My Dad seemed to have been touched by my desperate need for a sewing machine so I could make tiny clothes for my grieving little sisters Bratz dolls. I have had it for three days and I have already made a dress, skirt and two tiny Marc by Marc Jacobs inspired Bratz doll outfits.

So as usual I just had to show off my designing in a shoot for my blog. The Minkpink top and the shorts are obviously not made by me but I had to put them in because I got the top today and I had to celebrate by frolicking around in it.

I was joined on this shoot by the wonderful blue winged Mr. Kookie, who would not pose for a photo with me a la Selena Gomez and her parrot in Teen Vogue June/July 2009 but was very nice to pose for a portrait.

frol·ic [frol-ik]

verb,-icked, -ick·ing, adjective
–noun

1. merry play; merriment; gaiety; fun.

2. a merrymaking or party.

3. playful behavior or action; prank.

X.
http://dictionary.reference.com/

6 Comments:

At September 21, 2010 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Kathy Patterson said...

Hey Izzy - great blog! I am definitely a fan. What I want to know is how you did the photo of Mr. Kookie in black and white with just the blue wing? You are a photo genius as WELL as a fashion icon! Also, I'd love to see the Bratz clothes. You go, girl! And give your dad another big hug for the sewing machine. (Psst...you think your mum had anything to do with it???)

 
At September 21, 2010 at 2:37 PM , Blogger iam3332 said...

you are truly talented. keep the blog coming. I really enjoy your photography and fun fun fashion ideas. I would love to see more.

 
At September 21, 2010 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Isabella said...

Hey Kathy, are you a follower?

Well, I hate to admit it but my photo editing skills are not all me but mostly this website: http://www.picnik.com/app#/home/welcome
It is like a much easier, much cheaper version of photoshop with loads of effects to choose from. Focal B&W is the one I used for Mr Kookie and there are heaps more.

I better finish up my advertisement there. I do think Mum might have had something to do with the sewing machine .....

 
At September 21, 2010 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Lesa said...

your skirt and dress look great-- I love the lace and would like to see the whole dress! You have definitely inherited D's sewing talent-- Did you know she made a bra? I still can't believe it-- it looked like one from the store! You guys need to go into business-- design, make and sell swimsuits or bras-- something tiny with small amount of fabric that doesn't cost much to make and sell for a high price!

 
At September 23, 2010 at 1:58 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

Izzy, think about getting a download of Gimp from http://www.gimp.org/ it IS photoshop, but free, which means it's going to take some getting used to but it's seriously powerful and has all kinds of things you can do with it. I've used it for years so I know it's safe.

Also, in addition to your Macro Monday things, you might want to add Midweek blues to your contributions:
http://thedustycellar.blogspot.com/search/label/Midweek%20Blues

 
At September 24, 2010 at 5:39 PM , Blogger nicolecl79 said...

Izzy I've started a new blog:

http://cambodiacycle2010.blogspot.com/

This is about my fundraising trip cycling 650 km through Cambodia during the Christmas hols, pls spread the word!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home