This Page

has been moved to new address

My Gram's house

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Views of Now: My Gram's house

Friday, October 29, 2010

My Gram's house





Xhilaratilon skirt, Cherokee shirt, Mum's silk scarf, Henry bag, and cameo brooch purchased by my Gram in Europe in 1965.

This shoot was absolutely inspired by my Gram's house. She has an amazing, unique styling to her home that makes you feel luxurious. Velvet, gold, tassles, perfume, silk, lace. I have dreams about her house all the time, and I wake up missing the pine smell of her walls and the gold accents of her Ralph Lauren sheets, her Eiffel tower collection and her Spode plates and bowls.

I got this bag yesterday from an op shop for $12.50 and it reminded me of her, so I styled it up and made it Gramish. I Googled it, and apparently this bag does not exist on Google. Oh well, I will tell people "Henry" is an expensive brand that is situated in Paris and he only ever made one like mine. That's how I roll.

X.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 30, 2010 at 3:11 AM , Blogger iam3332 said...

I am flattered that you love the farm house. I do too. I built memories of both my grandmothers homes. I was much younger then you when I last had the opportunity to be in their homes....so now I try to work out the floor plans of their wonderful houses.
Yes, I did purchase that wonderful brooch in Europe in 1965. I was in Rome and visited a small "factory" where men were carving those beautiful pieces. It was a difficult decision, but I managed to pick the most lovely piece in the building. I never thought that my beautiful grand daughter would wear it in a photo shoot. I hope you continue to wear it and love it as much as I do. Its almost an antique !!!
Keep posting, my darling.

 
At November 23, 2010 at 1:37 AM , Blogger Lydia said...

Hi Izzy, nice blog & good post. overall You have beautifully maintained it, you must submit your site for free in this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

 
At November 24, 2010 at 12:19 AM , Blogger Isabella said...

Thanks Lydia, I will definitely check it out. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home