This Page

has been moved to new address

hair & makeup

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Views of Now: hair & makeup

Friday, February 24, 2012

hair & makeup


My hair and I have a love/hate relationship. I couldn't imagine myself without long locks, but the upkeep is sometimes a little much. Almost every day I end up with it piled on the top of my head in a bun, held together by bobby pins and tied with a ribbon. The weather has been drizzly and miserable lately, resulting in outbursts of frizz and untameable waves in my hair. When this kind of thing comes around I take bits and pin them to the back of my head, leaving accidental chunks of hair out, bumps and the occasional strand that sticks up on end. I call it "haphazardly pretty".
Makeup is a different story. I am gradually getting better at applying it and learning about it but I need to step out of my comfort zone a little. Two of favourite "not just concealer-and-mascara" looks are the bright lip and the winged eyeliner. MAC lipsticks are my new loves (Cremecup and Sandy B are personal favourites) and my Covergirl eyeliner is like the perfect felt-tip pen. I learnt how to apply winged eyeliner here!
Thanks for all the questions you lovely people have been asking me. Don't be afraid to ask more- I'm gradually answering them! Hope you enjoyed my out-of-my-comfort-zone hair & makeup look. You should try it; being "haphazardly pretty" is fun!
Wearing: Bloch backless leotard. 

14 Comments:

At February 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM , Blogger claire said...

hahha this may sound slightly weird but I am so jealous of how girls in Australia can just throw their hair up into a messy bun/ponytail and still look good, I went there last july and I was just so jealous.. I look like a total bum with my hair up hahaha. love the idea of being "haphazardly pretty"
xxx

 
At February 24, 2012 at 1:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hair looks gorgeous, love how you can so easily pull off an amazing messy bun. And your eyes look fabulous.
xx Jane
thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com

 
At February 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Ohh this is really pretty! I love the subtle winged eyeliner pez, it's so beautiful. I can't believe how grown up you look! I love everything about this post -- you are the most stunning girl ever :)
xo Pez

 
At February 24, 2012 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Man, I love your hair! And its cute when its up:) I dunno, its just so shiny and it looks so soft (haha, I'm not the best describer of hair). And you'll get there with the makeup, it just takes practice! And watching beauty videos on YouTube doesn't hurt either...:)
<3

 
At February 24, 2012 at 3:42 PM , Blogger Eryn said...

Yeah, I know how you feel about the hair. Mine is about the same length as yours, and is forever getting tangled. However, I always want it longeeer.
You look very cute! Hope to see some more posts soon!

 
At February 24, 2012 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Jessica Samantha said...

That first picture is so sweet! Your makeup looks very nice-- I too, need to learn, before I attempt to apply it and completely embarrass myself.

Jessica | Vixenelle

 
At February 24, 2012 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Soph. said...

That is a beautiful messy style. I still haven't mastered the messy bun yet.


Xox Soph

http://sophlife.blogspot.com.au

 
At February 24, 2012 at 8:53 PM , Blogger ftashion said...

Love it, it's natural and sweet looking! I rather a messy bun than neat one :)

Ash :o)
ftashion

 
At February 24, 2012 at 11:11 PM , Blogger SHOP STYLE CONQUER said...

pretty photos! i love your hair!

x
TOPSHOP BRAND ‘LOVE’ GIVEAWAY!

 
At February 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM , Blogger fee said...

Your hair is really pretty. I wish i could pull my hair back like that and look gorgeous.
I would love it if you woul look at my blog.
feeling-random.blogspot.co.nz
Fee x

 
At February 26, 2012 at 5:16 AM , Blogger Sydney said...

messy is the new sexy!

and oh i think you should leave some spaces between paragraphs so people will ACTUALLY read them ;)


http://sydsense.blogspot.com

 
At February 27, 2012 at 11:39 PM , Blogger Shelby said...

your hair looks so pretty! i'm following your blog now!

www.paperheartfashion.com

 
At March 1, 2012 at 6:22 AM , Blogger Rachel, Cold Knees said...

you look beautiful here! I find my hair a bit of a pain too, the longer it gets. this looks gorgeous anyway, and you can't go wrong with some pretty ribbon <3

 
At March 2, 2012 at 12:04 AM , Blogger Fash Boulevard said...

you hair looks beyond amazing. fabulous post, love. thanks for sharing. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home