This Page

has been moved to new address

an interview inspiration

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Views of Now: an interview inspiration

Monday, October 17, 2011

an interview inspiration



I am so happy to share with you all my interview with the lovely Natalie from Lucy and the Runaways. She has some great advice, amazing taste and some to-die for outfits!

Why did you initially start your blog?
I was working in fashion buying for at least a year and a half before I realized it was not fulfilling my needs, and I needed a more creative outlet. I was working under another buyer and was never able to express myself and my views. I decided to release all that through my blog Lucy and the Runaways, just for fun. After my first few posts, I felt so much more a part of the fashion community and that I really felt like I was doing something important for myself, so I kept posting more and more.

What are your wardrobe staples?
-A leather jacket of good quality.
-A signature piece of jewellery or accessory. Mine are my two necklaces I wear around my neck everyday.
-A ballerina tulle skirt (for those days you feel you have nothing to wear).

What is your favourite trend at the moment?
I guess this is more of a hair trend (they all tie in together anyways)-  but I love dyed tips that sit about 3/4 down your hairline (think Rumi Neely).


What does fashion mean to you?
 It's the best and most personal creative outlet anyone could ever have. There are so many items out there to choose from, but you ultimately have the choice of what to wear as a base (like a dress, a tee, or pants), and its ultimately your own personal tastes and vision when it comes to picking the accessories and layers and shoes to compliment it. Making your own outfit whole.

Do you have any other hobbies or interests? 
-Photography.
-Drawing and Illustration.
-Listening to Music and attending music festivals/concerts.
-Zumba (yes I enjoy dancing!)


 Do you have any advice for aspiring fashion bloggers?-Never give up, if you want your blog to be successful, it definitely doesn't happen overnight - it can take a year or two to get really noticed.
-Always have good content that leave your readers wanting to come back again and again.
-And always be kind-hearted on your blog. Mean people always get what they deserve (karma).

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At October 17, 2011 at 11:39 PM , Blogger MissKait said...

fabulous. i love her blog is always so great. and her writes are so great!

kaitlin xo
kaitgirl.blogspot.com

 
At October 18, 2011 at 12:09 AM , Blogger Natalie Leung said...

oh wow! thank you so much isabella, this is a beautiful post ;)

I'll link it on my next post!

natalie
http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com/

 
At October 18, 2011 at 12:11 AM , Blogger Natalie Leung said...

actually i'll also link it on my "features" page! you'll get heaps of traffic from here :)

thanks again!

natalie

 
At October 18, 2011 at 12:13 AM , Blogger SHOP STYLE CONQUER said...

i already read her blog, shes amaazing!

x

shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com

 
At October 18, 2011 at 1:00 AM , Blogger Isabella said...

Thanks lovelies for your support! X

 
At October 19, 2011 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Izzy DM said...

I enjoyed that piece. Especially the advice to bloggers to keep plugging away. I love this blog! Following you ;)
xx
Izzy
www.misadventuresofme.com

 
At October 22, 2011 at 8:05 AM , Blogger alyssa said...

What a lovely post! Following you :)

xx
alyssa
http://wereaucourant.bloigspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home