This Page

has been moved to new address

new things, old things

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Views of Now: new things, old things

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

new things, old things


I have been strapped for inspiration lately, as I bought the new Harper's Bazaar, seeking it out, and found I did not enjoy it at all. I found all the new clothing and accessories were in boring, monochromatic colours, oversized and swamped the tiny, slicked models wearing them. A little harsh, but I spent a whole $11 on that! The only good part was the Jane Eyre- inspired photo shoot with the fabulous Mia Wasikowska.

Well, attempted taking some photos of my new top but the lighting was all wrong (either that or my old, low-quality camera!) so I got a photo from the American Apparel website. My lovely, wonderful Grandma got it for me and it's a peach colour, slightly sheer. It's so perfect for the summer-in-winter I've been wanting so much.

Aside from the top, I received several pairs of socks, most lacy and with bows. They are so cute but not in this post, the images are courtesy of weheartit.com. The socks will go nicely with my new leather Vans, which are the perfect blend of brogue-ish class and skater shoe cred. I will have some of my photos up as soon as possible, keep posted!



X.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At July 19, 2011 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Your new top is so pretty! I can't wait to see how you style it. And the socks and heels trend is classic! I love the photos, great choices
xx, Maria
www.avenuemaria.blogspot.com

 
At July 20, 2011 at 12:46 AM , Blogger Angelina. said...

ooh your comment is so cute (:
i love your lovely blog and thank you for follow me (:

p.s i'm your newest follower (:

 
At July 20, 2011 at 3:04 AM , Blogger The Clothes Maiden said...

This post is so sweet :)

www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

 
At July 20, 2011 at 6:19 AM , Blogger Madeleine Roberts said...

Lacey socks with heels are my newest fascination. While,I would not dare to indulge in this trend-it just does not mix with my personal style.
I still find the sock & heel trend incredibly fantastic. It has a lot of whimsy with good old fashion Lolita appeal.
I could definitely get on board with paring lacey socks with a pair of Keds or softer low top sneakers. That brings a great girly element to a "sport"/casual shoe.
-Madeleine

 
At July 20, 2011 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Dilan Dilir said...

really cute shoes!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

love the top and lace socks are the best they always add something to an outfit!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At July 27, 2011 at 6:36 AM , Blogger Sarah Vosper said...

Super sweet, shoes paired with pretty socks are always magical! x

 
At August 11, 2011 at 8:02 AM , Blogger EmilieH. said...

So vintage! I love lacey socks with shoes ♥

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home